This past NYFW I had chance to catch with my good friend/designer Maya ( MB999 ) while she was in town from Cali. When she told me she flew over her with pieces from her ss12 collection i knew that my life would not be complete without viewing it in person, and of course trying on all over mouth watering leathers. This collection was inspired by a trip she took to Cambodia. "I imagine the experience of the western explorers in the late 1800's, discovering these wonders for the first time. They were travelers, crossing barriers of time, and culture. They became weathered, darkened, their clothes tattered, repurposed, and transformed to meet the needs of their expedition. " For the color palette, she looked to the natural patina of time, exhibited on the temple stones.











All the wovens are hemp/cotton blends imported from Japan, and garment washed. Yarns and Lambskin imported from Italy. Everything is constructed in the United States.








Categories: